What should I expect with liposuction surgery?
Liposuction in Houston is typically performed under general anesthesia (see why below). For smaller areas, Dr. Lind will sometimes use a combination of local anesthetic and IV sedation. You can return home the same day. The procedure can take from one to four hours, depending on how much liposuction is being performed.
- Very small incisions are made in precise locations, depending on where liposuction is being performed. These small incisions are typically well hidden, and are placed so that they aren’t visible while wearing lingerie, a thong, or a two-piece bikini.
- After incisions are placed, a tumescent solution is injected into the area. This solution typically contains epinephrine to decrease the amount of bleeding (by constricting the small blood vessels).
- Lidocaine, a local anesthetic, may be added to the solution for greater patient comfort, particularly if the procedure is performed under IV sedation.
- After the tumescent solution has been given time to work, liposuction is performed using the power-assisted liposuction system called MicroAire®.
- The preferred method by Dr. Lind for fat removal is the MicroAire power-assisted liposuction system (see more below), as it is very efficient at removing fat and produces a beautiful, smooth result.
- When the appropriate amount of fat has been removed, the small incisions are closed. In some cases, incisions may be left open to drain.