It can be extremely challenging to get rid of unwanted fat deposits on your body. Even if you maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly, you may find that certain pockets of fat just won’t disappear. This can impact your self-confidence, wardrobe options, and ability to achieve your desired physique. If you’d like assistance getting rid of stubborn excess fat, you may want to consider liposuction in Houston.
What Is the Recovery Like After Liposuction?
After your liposuction procedure, Dr. Lind will give you thorough instructions to ensure that the recovery process goes smoothly. You will likely experience some swelling, bruising, and soreness after your procedure, but these symptoms should gradually subside on their own.
- Week #1 - For the first week of your recovery, you should rest frequently and keep your activities to a minimum. However, it’s important to periodically take light walks, as doing so will keep your blood flowing and help your body heal.
- Week #2 - Most patients can return to work and ease back into their normal routines after their first week of liposuction recovery. By the second week, most of your discomfort should be gone.
- Week #3 - During the third week of your recovery, you should be able to resume light exercise, and your swelling should have mostly disappeared.
- Week #4 - Approximately four weeks into your recovery, your swelling and bruising should be entirely gone, and the results of your procedure should start to become more visible.
- Weeks #5 & #6 - Once you’re in the fifth or sixth week of your liposuction recovery, you should be able to fully resume your workout regimen, including high-intensity exercise.